Incoming search terms:
- were the a team of faith minister larry cornelius sr
Alex Asked: GIRLS! how does she feel about me?
ok im 13 in 8th grade and so is this girl i like. were decent freinds we walk to class together sometimes and talk alot. i usually mess with her by stepping on the back of her shoe and stuff she laughs. she seems to like talking to me she smiles and laughs alot. wen im talkin to my friend in a certain class i hear her calling my name sometimes. i went to my friends house and he lives in her neighborhood and she tried to scare me and then waved. later that night we texted till 1 AM. wen we text i usually have to txt her first and sometimes she doesnt reply. i dont text her often maybe once every 2 weeks. wen she does reply she seems happy to talk and stuff. shes texted me first a few times. and the night we texted till 1 she said stuff like sorry im being boring tonight ill try not to. i asked her to skype once she said i would love to but im not home right now. and one of my friends jon said were practiclly goin out cause she came to our away basketball game and smiled wen she saw me ( i broke my hand so i was scorekeeping) and i saw her lookin at me. before i left school tht day i was with jon and she waved and yelled hi alex to me. then after the game jon asked why she was there cause people from our school normally dont attend away games i said idk he said u should kno then we were getting on the bus to go back to the school and i saw her wave at me wen i was lookin out the window and i know she was waving to me cause there were 5 of us on the bus cause most people went home with their parents and i was the only one she could see then jon said ok r u guys goin out seriously i think u r. and i always see her lookin at me in class. i have also sat with her at lunch once. But wen I'm with my friend dillon she doesn't rly notice me she talks to him and stuff like she calls him best friend and wen me and him pass her she say hi dillon but says nothin to me even tho I'm right there. So where do i stand with this girl? thanks sorry this is so long
Be The First To Answer This Question…
Got a better answer? Share it below!
The day before a Western wedding is the ‘Stag Night’ and the ‘Hen Night’. In northern Thailand it is not quite the same. As soon as the groom-to-be is allowed to be off work, the full-on party begins. It is more sedate with the bride-to-be who spends more time with her parents.
The son will often just spend most of his time with his mates, usually sleeping ‘under the table’, if you understand what I mean. The day before the wedding is reserved for spending with family for both parties.
The day before the eve of the wedding is also a special day as the parents of both parties set up their parties with the help of friends and family. This is an all-day affair and people drink, sing and even dance as they are making the preparations.
On the eve of the wedding, people, particularly women, will meet at the dwellings of the bride and groom in order to cook. If the wedding is a large one, this can begin at 4-5 AM, but it usually begins at 8 AM.
Guests are welcome at any time after this, but non-cooks or non-helpers will usually stay away until at least 9 AM. The laggards may not get there until midday.
The whole day is a party of cooking, eating, dancing and drinking, normally to the accompaniment of live music or a disk jockey. It is not at all unusual to have skimpily-clad dancing girls putting on a show too.
The music will be loud enough to become heard a block or two away and no-one would dare complain about the racket from such a joyous event. However, not everyone is invited to most weddings as they are normally held in the backyard.
Bigger weddings might be held in the Temple. I have never been to a village in Thailand that does not have its own Temple. Some small villages of merely 500 residents have two Temples. A Temple used to hold many monks, but these days 9-12 is standard.
It is reasonably cheap to hold a wedding or a wedding party in a Temple, but most households do not because Temples are ‘open ground’ and you might have more ‘guests’ than you catered for. Gate-crashing is not unheard of.
As the evening develops, people will be expected to sing a song and there will be dancing. This will go on until about midnight, which makes it a long day and the wedding day for real begins at around 7 AM the next day.
The parents of the groom are expected to help cook at the bride’s home the next morning. This involves meeting all the closest friends of the bride’s parents and is a good way of bonding. it normally results in both families and all their best friends becoming fairly close for many years to come.
Owen Jones, the writer of this piece, writes on numerous topics, but is now concerned with Khao Phansa, The Candle Festival. If you would like to know more, please visit our web site at Package Holidays to Thailand.
Here’s a question to ask yourself: Is a family that is constantly out and about, going here and there, attending music classes and swimming lessons, etc. better than one who stays home most evenings, and doesn’t have their children in a bunch of different classes? Thought provoking, isn’t it?
With the amount of choices that exist today, parents feel pressured to send their children to music class, dance class, swimming lessons, gymnastics, and maybe even a tutor. When they hear a friend talk about the activities that their children are involved in, they think…”Maybe I should be doing that”.
My opinion is that leading a “slow life” is the BEST way to raise a child. What does this mean? It means having a routine, no matter if your children are babies, toddlers, or school-aged. It means participating in family activities inside the safest, most comforting place there is – the home. It means making a conscious choice about which activities to participate in rather than jumping on the bandwagon of classes.
The reasons for living a slow life are plentiful, however here are just a few:
1) Children who have time to play by themselves in a quiet environment are able to be creative, problem solve, and think about words they learned that day and things they saw and wondered about. They also become self-reliant and their self-esteem improves because they learn how to like spending time with themselves.
2) Children who spend quality “down time” with their families tend to have healthy self-esteems because they feel like they are a part of something important. They also feel good about themselves because they see that they are “liked” by their parents, not just “loved”.
3) Children who have enough time to just play are able to develop naturally, meaning they remain their natural, appropriate age rather than having to grow up too fast while they learn how to cope with all that might exist in their busy schedule.
4) Most children who live slow lives tend to do better in school and feel better about going to school and learning. Homework typically isn’t a battle either.
5) Children who live slow lives are typically more well-behaved and have respect for rules set by their parents.
Now that we know some of the benefits, what does a typical slow life look like? It depends on the age, so this week I will discuss babies and then move on to each developmental level in the following weeks.
Good Routine for Babies – This is for a 5-6 month old so adjust slightly to suit your child
7 AM if awake, milk feeding #1 then 15 minutes mommy and baby time (cuddle with books, play with toys, sing songs)
then 30 minutes of individual play time (while you have breakfast, get dressed) Ideas could be to put them on a play mat with toys and books or placed in a stand up activity table) Do a diaper change and then…
8:30 AM- 10:30 AM in bed for nap #1
10:30 AM if awake, milk feeding #2 (same routine as above, but this time you can do household tasks while they play)
noon – 2 PM in bed for nap #2
2 PM if awake milk feeding #3 followed a little later by solid food if you like this time of day (this time you can go outside to run errands or have a play-date). This gives you time outside and provides them with different stimuli)
3:30 PM – 5:30 PM in bed for nap #3
5:30 PM up if awake, last milk feeding sometime between 6 and 7:15 , then bath (optional) , dressing, song/story
8 PM into bed for the night.
Erin Kurt, B.Ed, spent 16 years as a teacher and nanny around the world. Now, she applies her expertise as a parenting expert and author of Juggling Family Life and The Life Balance Formula.
You can learn more about Erin and her simple, loving parenting method, and subscribe to her weekly parenting tips e-zine at erinparenting.com. You’ll also receive Erin’s free video series “8 Secrets to Stress-Free Parenting”, packed with parentings tips!
One Two Asked: There’s a possibility I’m pregnant. But I feel SO sick… : read more please..?
Okay. obviously today is the 27th. i had sex on the 10th. of this month… and i had my period BEFORE i had sex. yesterday, i started bleeding… i don't know if it's spotting or if it's my period… but it started out light, and brown. then when it got heavier, it was bright red… and then it was a pink, and red… i went to sleep at 1:50 & then i had these horrible dreams about how i WAS pregnant and then i got into fights with my best friends and my baby was like dead or something. i woke up at 3 i had to use the bathroom and it hurt for a while afterwords. i went back to sleep until 6. i went to the bathroom & my blood was REALLY dark. it looked almost black & burgundy… however you spell that… i changed my pad and went to sleep… i woke up at 8 and now it's really light. and it's a normal color.
LAST NIGHT…. i started having headaches and when i woke up this morning i had a really runny nose, headaches, my eyes are watering sometimes, i'm really tired still, and i can't breathe every time i wake up because of the mucus or something in the back of my throat. i brush my teeth and then it's okay. but my headaches are probably because i stopped taking my medicine just in case i AM pregnant. i have an anti depressant & a pill for an anxiety disorder and it helps me to sleep. my parents have been saying that they think i just have a cold & for me to take medicine, but of course i don't want to… what am i supposed to do??!
I don't wanna be pregnant! i'm only a freshy…
PS- my friend is gonna get a pregnancy test for me this friday. but i dont wanna take anything until i know for sure. oh, and last night, we went to a football game. i usually don't get hot easily. and in that weather, i usually wouldn't be. but i WAS. i was soo hot and i was dizzy until it got later & cooler & darker. i still don't know what to do.
Be The First To Answer This Question…
Got a better answer? Share it below!
Kira Asked: Am I actually depressed..?
I looked up the signs of depression and I realized that I have most of them and technically I have all of them but I'm not sure if I'm actually depressed or not because I get happy and I laugh.. I'm not sad all of the time.. I feel like I'm pretty normal.(By the way, I'm 15 and I'm copying these symptoms from Web MD)
1) Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood (which also ties into loss of interest or pleasure in activities, including sex) – I don't really enjoy anything.. I just had my mom tell me yesterday that it's weird that I don't have a favorite of anything at all. I don't like animals or anything.. parties.. I don't even like to socialize with my friends because it's just way too boring.. I'd rather stay home and just.. write or read.
2) Restlessness, irritability, or excessive crying – I get so annoyed with stupid people. Some people just say the dumbest things and I can't stand them -.- I cry at night a lot. I don't really like to cry in front of other people. But then it's not like I'm sad for days on end. Whenever I do cry (which is often) I play the piano to myself and I feel a lot better.
3) Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain – I'm not gaining weight, I'm losing it. This could be because I'm lazy orit could be because I'm never really that hungry. I don't eat breakfast, I have a hot pocket for lunch and I don't eat or drink anything else. Recently I've discovered that I have anemia and I was wondering if I had depression could the depression have caused it.
4) decreased energy, fatigue, feeling "slowed down" – Ties in with number 3. I haven't been eating so I'm a lot slower than I used to be, can't stand up for long periods of time without getting tired.. I don't ever want to get out of bed kind of thing.
5) Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts – I've never actually tried to commit suicide, I thin I'm way too scared to do that but I do have at least 10 suicide notes hidden around my room.. a lot of them are in my closet. One of them is written on the blank side of my MJ poster. I think about suicide all the time. I wouldn't actually do it though.
6) Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions – This is more of the difficulty remembering thing. I can't remember what I did two days ago. Let alone a week. I can barely remember what I did earlier today.
7) Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain – Just the headaches. I have a headache right now .-.
Sleeping too much or too little, early-morning awakening – Both!! I tried to explain this to my mom(I didn't realize it was a symptom of depression at the time) and I was telling her that either I have to go to sleep at like 4 AM in the morning (to wake up at 6:15 AM) or go to sleep extremely early (maybe around 8 PM). It's because I either sleep too late or sleep too little.If I go to sleep right now (it's 4 AM) I'll probably wake up at 8 AM. If I had gone to sleep at 11 PM I would've woken up at about 1 PM.
9) Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness, hopelessness, pessimism – This is the most evident symptom. One day after school I spent two hours in one of the private music rooms with the lights off, crying and tell myself I was worthless. It was the worst two hours I've ever experienced and I really don't ever break down like that in anywhere that's even close to being public.
One of the factors of the risks for depression that I know I have is losing a parent before the age of 10. Thanks for reading all of this and I really hope you could help me.